[Edu-sig] rewriting examples in python

roberto roberto03 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 18:11:37 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:36, roberto <roberto03 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:52 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am more interested in reimplementing such examples in Turtle Art,
>>> and in having a module to translate to Python automatically. Since TA
>>> implements each tile in Python, and the source code is provided, this
>>> should be an easy exercise.
>>>
>> i agree;
>>
>> also, i started this thread since i did not find any *introductory*
>> and rich enough resource a school student can use to learn TA or
>> turtle module or, broadly speaking, turtle programming in Python (if i
>> am wrong, please tell me)
>
> Walter Bender and I are working on such things.
>
>> if nobody else did something in this regard, i'll be happy to do some
>> work in this direction as soon as the school end, early june;
>
> What topics are you interested in covering? I'm working on math and
> Computer Science topics.

well, i am interested in working with students on introductory CS topics;
by the way, this will be useful to introduce also basic geometry topics;

after that, the interest of the students will lead their learning,
whose directions i cannot predict by now ...
where will you publish your tutorial/manual ?

thank you in advance

--
roberto