[EuroPython] Python On Mac OS X

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 08 May 2002 08:25:27 +0200 (CEST)

lozinski@jobmart.com wrote:

> The big question being asked about Mac is whether people should develop
> on Mac OS 9 and use Carbon on Mac OS X, or if they should develop using
> native Mac OS X tools, but not ship on Mac OS 9.
>
> The answer is they should develop using Python Card and run on both Mac
> OS X and Mac OS 9.
>
> http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net
>
> So I think that there is going to be a roaring flood of Python developers
> into the Mac World.  Am I right?  Does anyone else see things the way
> I do?
>
> I am posting this on the european Python list because I believe you have
> a much higher percentage of python developers, and a higher percentage
> of Mac computers.
>
> Comments please?

I think pythonmac-sig@python.org is more appropriate for such con-
siderations, which is where you'll also find quite a few European
members. This list is for preparing a conference rather than dis-
cussing language and/or application features/environments.

Apart from that I think OS 9 is officially dead now after Jobs'
keynote at the current MacWorld...:

  http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0205/06.wwdckeynote.php

Regards,

Dinu