[EuroPython] Last minute Sprinting details (coffee, etc)

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Jun 13 16:55:21 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I am finailising the arrangements for sprinting, and I have come to the
networking point.

NETWORK
=======

We can arrange to have wired ethernet with static IP-addresses (that
means no NOMAD) for the sprointing area. If we bring our own wifi
equipment and configure it to not crash with the channels used by NOMAD
(measn no 54 MB/s enabling etc) then we can have our own private wifi lan.

This is WAY easier this year to do than NOMAD (which was easier ast year).

We also may be needing to bring some ethernet patch cables to paths the
rooms from the hub room (all rooms are wired, we only need to patch them
  from the switch we'll borrow).

However I need a rough estimate of how many people are going to attend
the sprint and want net access. The number of simultaneous spritners
will determine the amount of ethernet ports that we need.

If we bring wifi or nat equipment we can of course grow the number of
available ports accordingly.

Will there be 20 sprinters at the same time? or is 35 a better number?

COFFEE, TEA and BEVERAGES
=========================

We need sponsoring to buy 2-3 coffe brewing machines ('cause I am *not*
running downstairs this year to brew coffee all the time ,-). Among the
cheapest I have found cost between 20-30 Euro each.

Thhe coffee machines probably do not make very good coffe; *however*,
combined with the neato waterboilers (2 for around 20 euro each) that we
also need for us tea-lovers, we can make really good coffee (we boil
water and pour into the filters, then we use the heater element of the
coffe brewing machiens to keep the coffe warm).

We can borrow thermoses from our office to keep the coffee warm too.

We also need some sponsoring for buying coffe. I think we can
steal^H^H^H^H^Hborrow some coffee from Chalmers, but we may need to have
a backup solution for this, specially for the times when no chalmers
people is available.

have I forgotten some detail?

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley