[EuroPython] knock, knock!

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Oct 6 23:30:51 CEST 2005

Michael Sparks <zathras at thwackety.com> writes:

> On Thursday 06 October 2005 10:21, Michael Hudson wrote:
>> Michael Sparks <zathras at thwackety.com> writes:
>> > Have we considered a games track BTW?
>>
>> No.  Or at least, I hadn't before now.
>
>> Well, do you think you could get talks for this track?  As I said, I'd
>> like to avoid having too many tracks [confusing, etc]
>
> I agree with that rationale. How about explicitly including in the scope
> of the frameworks track (or another, but games frameworks are more
> generally interesting often I think than people give credence to) to
> include games integration & games frameworks?

Well, my quibble here is that a "Games track" would, I hope, include
talks from projects that have successfully used python... and that
doesn't seem to fit into a frameworks track.

> The reason I say that is because, for example, Crystalspace provides a python
> integration, and thus can act as a framework for python programs sitting in a
> 3D environment (though you could argue it sits elsewhere), and systems like
> Simon Wittber's lightweight games toolkit

OTOH, this seems to be something you're interested in and knowledgable
about and I certainly don't want to hold your back :)

> As for getting talks? I suspect/hope it should be quite easy :-)

I'll take your word on that :)

> What would be nice in many respects is to get people together
> working on different systems and find ways of integrating between
> them.

How about putting out some feelers now?  If you get three or four
leads now-ish, then we can be reasonably confident of filling a half
day or so on the subject come the conference, I'd hope.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Structure is _nothing_ if it is all you got.  Skeletons _spook_
  people if they try to walk around on their own.  I really wonder