[EuroPython] #europython minutes 23rd January 2006

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Thu Feb 2 06:53:35 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 20:46 +0100, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 09:12:37AM +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> > but about Seaside (http://seaside.st) and possibly other approaches
> > that leverage language features not existing in Python.
> Sounds interesting. Do you have time to share pointers ?

not too many - but yesterday i talked to Jan Balster who
reminded me that e.g. Erlang has nice concurrency primitives
based on continuations, leading to e.g. nice results regarding
handling of many concurrent connections.

IMO the idea is to investigate ways to simplify web
programming by an order of magnitude - it just got too complex
(although it thus sustains many companies :)