[EuroPython] minutes from the meeting

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Mar 9 09:31:34 CET 2007

Hi folks,

thanks for doing the meeting!

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 14:26 +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
>    Trackchairs:
>
>    - lang+lib: pedronis (but he needs a co-chair - Bea will try to recruit one)

i'd like to help Samuele, maybe with a focus on testing and tools -
i suppose the "lib" part is meant to cover that, right?
On the other hand, I am not sure yet if i'll be around europe
early July.

holger

>    - science+refereed: benedicte (XXX Michael - is this his name??) and arigo
>    - web: no track chair yet - mwh will try to recruit
>    - open space: bea + need to recruit co-chairs (nicolas for the education
>      parts that could go here?, others?)
>    - lightning talks: Harald
>
>    This fits the facilities in Vilnius: we will have 1 large room and 3
>    "smaller" rooms
>
> 2. **Discuss and decide on timeline suggested:**
>
>    Decision::
>
>      9th of March         Track chairs and conference organization
> (roles) decided upon.
>      16th of March        Call for proposals out
>                           Website updated and "up and running"
>      16th of April        Keynotes announced
>      1st of May           Registration opens
>      18th of May          Call for proposals closed
>      25th of May          Launch of schedule (talk abstracts accepted
> and notified)
>      31st of May          Early bird registration closes
>      25th of June         Normal registration closes
>      2nd of July          Online registration closes
>      9-11th of July       Conference starts
>      12-14th of July      Post sprints
>
>    Decisions:
>
>    - mwh and Bea will work on the call for proposals early next week
>      (12-14th of March)
>
>    - mwh will talk to Nicolas and Paul regarding if they can make the
>      deadline (16th of March) for updating website (note that they
>      only need to validate the date - they can sort out infrastructure
>      needed)
>
>    - keynotes: Guido have accepted, ideas for more keynotes were
>      discussed (SteveA had several ideas and will check these, mwh and
>      Bea will also check) - this needs to be discussed on the
>      mailinglist - trawling for good ideas.
>
> 3. **Organization/roles:**
>
>    - local organizer: Aiste
>    - program chair: mwh
>    - conferencier/lightning talks: Harald
>    - webwork: Paul, Nicolas
>    - registration/budget: ? (mwh and Aiste will check)
>    - track chairs: pedronis, arigo, benedicte, bea, nicolas,
>    - helping out/misc work: thisfred, John Pinner
>
> 4. **Next meeting:** one week from now: 14th of March/18:00 #europython
>
> Cheers,
> mwh

merlinux GmbH       Steinbergstr. 42    31139 Hildesheim
http://merlinux.de  tel +49 5121 20800 75 (fax 77)