[EuroPython] Some general thoughts about EP2014 and future of EP

George-Cristian Bîrzan gcbirzan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 23:27:39 CET 2014

On Feb 11, 2014 1:59 PM, "Filip Kłębczyk" <fklebczyk at gmail.com> wrote:

> W dniu 10.02.2014 15:34, Andreas Jung pisze:
>

>> As stated earlier: traveling to Florence was more expensive than
traveling to Berlin,

> That's a false statement, because ... it's all very relative. The nearest
two airports (Katowice, Kraków) to where I live (and those are the two
busiest airports in Poland after Warsaw) offer cheap flights to Bologna and
Pisa and only one non-cheap flight to Berlin which is at least triple/quad
the price compared to those to Italy.

Not really, no.

>From Krakow to Berlin, 80 EUR return ( http://imgur.com/SR7UDzZ). Not only
is that dirt cheap, but I cannot find the 20 30 EUR direct flight to Pisa
(or any direct flights to Pisa or Bologna, for that matter ).

Also, put bluntly, even if for a few people it's more expensive to travel
to Berlin, on average it's way cheaper. Taking that statement (like you did
in a later email) to mean it's cheaper for everyone is silly, at best. As
for why people say it's cheaper for most... It's because it is. For me,
from Sofia, it's 130 EUR direct to Berlin, vs a 7 hour 180 EUR nightmare to
Florence.