[group-organizers] ChiPy's Mentorship Program

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:46:54 CEST 2015

I am going to brag a bit here for Tathagata (aka "T"), as he is probably
too humble to brag about himself, and the Mentorship program he has created.

As a transition from being the BDFL of Chicago Python User Group for over a
decade and from pressure from the community, I started adding some
other organizers
<http://www.chipy.org/pages/organizers/>to the mix and letting them (or
forcing them) to take ownership to a domain. One domain, is our awesome
Mentorship program.

In it's second season, "T"'s mentorship has 19 pairs of mentors/mentees. He
writes about the experience on his blog:

   -
   http://blog.tathagata.me/2015/03/chipy-python-mentorship-dinner-march.html
   -
   http://blog.tathagata.me/2014/10/chicago-python-user-group-mentorship.html

Just wanted to share this idea with you. Would be happy to help if you want
to start a similar program in your area.

Cheers, Brian

ChiPy Organizer

http://chipy.org

--