[Idle-dev] printing in IDLE

tpc at csua.berkeley.edu tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 9 14:49:19 EDT 2004

Hello Kurt, first I would request at least a more tortured way of
automatic print and not something so simple as Ctrl-P.  Maybe this is out
of ignorance, but I don't really see a need to have automatic print mapped
to such a simple keystroke combination.  The default behavior should be
triggered by GUI selects and clicks only, and the user can map automatic
print to a keystroke combo.  This is just my opinion.  I should  also add
that the print-outs IDLE gives me seem to be truncated on the left side,
and I am not sure whether this is due to my machine settings or IDLE, but
print-outs from other applications such as OpenOffice Writer and Mozilla
Firebird have no problems.