[Inpycon] When are we opening the CFP?

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:46:43 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Roshan Mathews <rmathews at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:47, Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Okay, I misread your last mail.  I thought you did take the decision
> to go with volunteer trainers.  [.....] It will have to be
> decided though, unless you want to end up with some paid tutorials and
> some free ones.  Or you'll be telling the volunteers to prepare notes
> and get paid for it, which they might not be happy about.  So it is
> the indecision which is the issue, either of the options would work
> for the conference.
>
> There's a fine line I could help clarify. We all seem to be in favour of
having volunteer trainers. If pushed into a decision thats probably a
decision I would favour. There's only a trivial job of finding sufficient
volunteers. At last count there were 4. If we get more that just makes the
decision so much easier.

I prefer to sometimes delay specifically flagging off a clear intent as a
decision until whats termed as the Last Responsible Moment. I was unaware
that the CFP issuance would be that moment and shall seek to get that
clarified later. Thats probably resulting in the ambiguity that you are
feeling - the indecision you referred to. I hope that is clarified.

I also strongly believe that either all should get paid or no one should get
paid - equal policy for all tutorial conductors. I am not sure if volunteers
would mind it if later on it was communicated that they would be getting
paid .. but I could stand surprised on that one.

Dhananjay