[Inpycon] Site problem

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Mon Jun 20 13:09:30 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 20 2016, Saurabh Kumar wrote:

[...]

> That's a valid concern, especially w.r.t to using same theme for each
> year post. Once of quick solution I can think of is having a generic
> theme so 2015's articles, doesn't look like 2016's articles.

That'll just make it more confusing. It's good to have two separate
themes/branding otherwise this would never have been caught.

> Creating blog per year, creates a bit of management/devops overhead.
> Although I don't the capabilities of volunteers to make it happen.

Okay. I'm not sure how it's run now but earlier, an app would run at

      in.pycon.org/<current year>

and once the conference was over, we'd wget the site recursively and
just replace the live app with the static files. That way, the URLs
won't break and the site would be maintained but there's no overhead of
maintaining an app.

      This was the what we did for 2009, 2010 and I think for 2011.

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal