[Inpycon] Regarding PyCon India 2020

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Sat Feb 8 09:30:25 EST 2020

On Friday 31 January 2020 10:40 AM, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

> PyCon India has grown big enough and it is a very important conference
> now. While we don't have clear guidelines on how the next venue get
> decided, I believe that responsibility of whom pass the torch rest
> with the chair of the last year's conference.
If the city interested in hosting the conference can come up with a
proposal, and the community acknowledges it, we will be willing to
provide the required support to ramp-up for the conference.
> I also think it is better for the event to happen at the same city for
> 2 years. As they have the experience of already running the
> conference, they can run this year and also take that an an
> opportunity to groom the next team.
Unfortunately, we do not have the bandwidth to take up this year. But as
indicated we will be willing to support the next year's team in all the
ways possible.

Regards,
Vijay