[IPython-dev] Website

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 01:51:21 EDT 2011

Hi Jason,

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Jason Grout <jason-sage at creativetrax.com> wrote:
> I just browsed your site and checked out some of the show source links.
>  Very nice!  I'm now considering whether to move my personal DokuWiki
> site over to Sphinx.

Thanks!  If you want to get going quickly, feel free to grab my
toolchain, it's available right there:

http://fperez.org/code/index.html

there are a few things that are needed to make building a normal
website more convenient with sphinx, and I think I've taken care of
that with the tools listed there (making it easy to automatically
sync/upload any static files you have locally like pdfs of talks and
papers is probably the main point).

> When you say easy above, do you mean having a rst page that basically
> just consists of a singe raw:: html block, like this snippet from your
> site [1]?
>
> .. raw:: html

>    height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1j_HxD4iLn8"
> frameborder="0"
>    allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Yes.  I believe it's also possible to tell sphinx that certain pages
are kept as pure html and never held in reST, though I'm not sure
right now what the call/parameter is for that.

Best,