[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] New favicon

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:34:48 EDT 2011

Howdy,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the banners, I don't really like the ][: designs of 1 and 3 at
> all, mainly because they are taking us away from our existing logo.  I
> like the ][Py] design of 2, but prefer a small amount of space between
> the ] and [.
>
> I also still like our original IP[y]; design equally to 2.  I should
> note that I am hoping we can come up with a logo/favicon that sticks
> with the same basic design we already have, but improves it.  I know I
> sound like a broken record, but I don't think we should get into a
> full logo redesign at this point.

The fact that we've gone in exactly opposite directions with our vote
is then probably a good indication to stay put.  We should only make a
full change on this if we're all convinced we love the new one.
Otherwise, staying closer to what we have should win.

I'm OK staying with the current logo too.  Perhaps this has been
rehashed already (the previous thread had more than I was able to
digest, forgive me), but why not keep the current one and simply
change the font to one where the I has serifs?  That seems to be the
main limitation of the current one to me, as I do like the idea of the
serifed I matching visually the [].

Just a thought...