[IronPython] Ironpython 0.7 released!

Ryan Williams ryan4096 at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 28 06:55:39 CEST 2005

This sounds a little shady to me, and not altogether "benevolent".

Why the licensing change?  I think that it would probably work out
better if ironpython remained open source...

Why switch to gotdotnet?  Personally, I'd prefer a mailing list (like
this one), and a public cvs/svn server someplace.

You mention not accepting external contributions, "to make all the
lawyers happy here"...does this mean that ironpython is now a microsoft
thing?