[IronPython] Fwd: Where to share a script / executables (agai n)

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:55:44 CET 2006

On 1/27/06, Jones, Larry <Larry.Jones at aspentech.com> wrote:
> Would posting this script in the ActiveState "recipes" area be appropriate?

That's a good question.  I've never submitted to the Cookbook and am
hazy about what they're looking for.  I notice that the Python
Cookbook site currently has a category for Jython, but not for
IronPython.  I searched the Cookbook for "IronPython" and found
exactly one recipe.

For now, I created a "User Sample" at GotDotNet containing source and .exe -
http://gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGuid=20DB65A0-A895-429E-9455-A02BF7330FA2.
(say THAT five times fast)

The fact that the executable can be stored there is a definite
advantage - if we can get executables circulating beyond the
Python-using community, they might generate curiosity and corrupt
impressionable youth.

Anyway, I had to leave the "language" field at GotDotNet blank.  I'll
update that once IronPython is included as a choice.  I mentioned
IronPython in the Description, but oddly enough, my item doesn't show
up in User Sample search results for "IronPython" - maybe having a
NULL in the Language field trips up their search.  So there's no way
to know whether other IronPython scripts have already been submitted
there.

There didn't seem to be anything in the upload agreement at GotDotNet
to forbid sharing it elsewhere.

--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/