[Mailman-Developers] Re: odd problem: since MM 2.1 upgrade all links to public listarchives are broken

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Wed Mar 19 17:33:00 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:23:09AM -0500, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> Our solution was to blow away mm_cfg.py and replace it with the generic
> mm_cfg.py.disg from the mailman 2.1.1 installer. We then edited
> Mailman/Defaults.py to update our default server name and all is well.

No! You should not edit Defaults.py -- because it will get blown away. You
need to edit mm_cfg.py (just add the variables you want to override) because
it doesn't get blown away. You should check your mm_cfg.py after major
version updates, to make sure the variables you override there still make
sense, but this shouldn't be necessary for point releases, and should rarely
make a difference for major releases (yours was an unlucky case, it seems.
Also, old Mailman wasn't as easily upgradeable as Mailman 2.x :-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>