suggestion for Full Customization [Mailman-Developers]

Somuchfun somuchfun at atlantismail.com
Mon May 10 14:31:00 EDT 2004

Brad,
I am literally shocked to see that you think everyone who does not agree
with you is a Spamer! I honestly have to question your ethics and if you
think you are better than others or just set the rules?
You might want to ignore it but there are announcement lists and newsletters
people actually want to get and this is not spam by definition. If I get a
newsletter from United Airlines for example because I am a frequent traveler
and I asked for it then it is not spam and they still use a mailing list
manager.
I have also watched this and all the other mailman lists for a while and
came to the conclusion that you have your own agenda and idea and push for
it regardless of what other people think or say.
It also seems that you tend to throw in some arrogance and all do not have a
problem to over and over throw in your "experience" to either try to out
others as beginners or "not on your level".
What James asked for is totally legitimate and has very good reasons. I have
to give him credit for being so nice after you were very rude to his simple
questions. He even offered help but you just flat out call him a spamer! How
rude!
So how "open" source is mailman really? I get more and more the impression
that mailman is the personal agenda of Brad Knowles and not a community or
group effort open to everyone who wants to help.
Let's face it - mailman has lots of shortcomings and they have not been
looked at because you personally do not feel like it. If it is a mailing
list manager like you claim then tell me how come you cannot even sort the
membership list by domain or get a clear overview of how many are suspended?
How come you cannot even edit a member entry in case someone changes their
email address?
This issues have been brought up before and you do not even comment on these
because you personally feel they are not worth your time?
Get real and come down from your "throne" and start listen to what people
really have to say and think otherwise mailman will become one day obsolete
because you were not able to see beyond your own "world".
And stop calling everyone a spamer who does not fit into your personal "box"
- I am sure you would not like me calling you a "code-nazi" either (as some
have done on other forums by the way!).