[Mailman-Developers] Hi! I'll be your intern for the summer :)

emf i at mindlace.net
Wed Jun 21 19:37:36 CEST 2006

Ian Eiloart wrote:

> How about this for extra:
>
> 1) Display a list of ALL members - just their names and addresses.
> 2) Delete ALL the list members with one click - OK, and maybe a confirm
> dialog!

Hm. This comes slightly in opposition to the desire to have a more
user-centered mailman interface; what happens if a user changes their
preferences and you re-build the entire list?

An associated problem is what happens to users that are subbed to >1 list?

I recognize this may not be an issue in your specific case, I just think
that issues like these will be more of a deal when we don't keep
"members" in per-list silos.

Perhaps something that might be more appropriate would be a "member
differ", wherein you upload a list of email addresses, and it shows you
the list of emails that were on the list but aren't now, and those that
would be added, and gives you the option to either accept all the
changes or selectively modify them.

When you say you'd like these people to be able to take advantage of
"other mailman features", which features do you mean?

~ethan fremen