[Mailman-i18n] German translation of Mailman-2.1?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:23:31 -0400

    RH> I've seen the message catalogs for mailman-2.1, but I cannot
    RH> find the template files for a German translation. Does anybody
    RH> have these?

Jens Vagelpohl is working on the German translations.  He's a
colleague of mine and can be contacted at jens@zope.com

    RH> As a side note: I have begun translating the files in the
    RH> template directory, since our customer needs a German mailman

    RH> Right now I must say that the documentation about how to
    RH> actually make the translated documents work sucks. I had to
    RH> read README.es (!)  to find out the steps I have to carry
    RH> out...

Have you seen README-I18N.en?  It's available in CVS at the top level
directory, and on SourceForge at

although I've just updated the CVS version to explain how to
contribute your translation back to the Mailman project.  If anything
is unclear in that file, please let me know.  It is supposed to be the
definitive documentation for how to create, install, and donate
translations for Mailman 2.1.

-Barry