[Mailman-i18n] RTL and BiDi

Arash Zeini a.zeini@farsikde.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:21:28 +0330

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 16:26, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MvL> I'd recommend to add Farsi as a language to mailman, and take
>     MvL> no additional steps for RTL. I still think it would work out
>     MvL> just fine.
>
> I concur with Martin.  I would recommend using Mailman 2.1 from cvs.
> I'm going to be working toward beta4 this week, so expect checkins and
> fixes.  If you're not comfortable with cvs, then definitely use
> MM2.1b3.

No problem. I can use cvs. I will have to see.

> You should be able to follow the instructions in README-I18N.en and
> the examples in Defaults.py.in, the templates directory, and the
> messages directory to figure out what you'd need to add.  It should be
> fairly straightforward to get the infrastructure in place, and this
> list can certainly help with details.

Again no problem. I would also strongly recommend that you take in KBabel=
 into=20
the README file, as I think that working POT concept without KBabel is a=20
mental turtor :)
I may be able to give you some instructions to include in the README file=
 on=20
how to use KBabel. It is defenitly the supreme way of POTing :)

> As for whether Pipermail can handle it, that's a good question.
> There's a patch on SF for improving the i18n of Pipermail which I
> intend to look at today:
>
> http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=3Ddetail&aid=3D594771&group_id=3D1=
03&atid=3D30
>0103
>
> Just be aware that time is running out for MM2.1.  I'm going to get
> this sucker out by the end of the year (if not before) if I have to
> setup a caffeine IV drip and and hack in the shower. :)  If the BiDi
> changes are extensive -- and I hope/expect they won't be -- we'll have
> to postpone them to the next release.

OK, here I would say don't wait for us. We are very busy with the transla=
tion=20
of KDE and other farsification issues, but we will try our Best to get th=
is=20
thing going as soon as possible.=20

I will keep you and the list updated. I need to make some test first.

Arash
--=20
The FarsiKDE Project
http://www.farsikde.org