[Mailman-i18n] Starting Vietnamese localization?

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed Mar 1 08:20:50 CET 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 14:16, Clytie Siddall wrote:

>> Have you read README-I18N.en in the distribution tar ball?  The
>> section
>> entitled 'ADDING NEW TRANSLATIONS' should be followed before you
>> designate language in mm_cfg.py (not Defaults.py).
>
> I don't have the tarball. I run Mac OSX, and I don't have mailman
> on my system. Where can I find this howto online, please?

I would recommend downloading the tarball, and keeping an expanded
copy locally.  It isn't that large, and you have all the tools
necessary on your OS X box.

Alternatively, you can use the CVS browser on SourceForge to visit
the files.  The README-I18N.en file is available here for example:
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/README-I18N.en?
rev=2.12.2.5&only_with_tag=Release_2_1_7&view=auto>

> If I can get hold of the howto, plus the PO files, I can get
> started. Please tell me where I can do this.

If you download and expand the tarball, you will have them.  Or look
here:
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/messages/?
only_with_tag=Release_2_1_7>

--