[Mailman-Users] XYZ-owner at other.machine

Janos.Zana at elfiz2.kee.hu Janos.Zana at elfiz2.kee.hu
Thu Apr 1 09:50:29 CEST 1999

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Greg Stein wrote:

->Baranyai Laszlo wrote:
->> could you tell me, how can I send letters to the correct address instead
->> of "somebody-owner at somewhere"? I use mailing lists with "elfiz2.kee.hu"
->> and "phd.hu" names [mailman 1.08b]. Members from other servers are not
->
->In the first sentence you ask how to send letters to "the correct
->address". What do you mean? Are you sending the letter to an address
->that is not working? Can you give an example of an address that you have
->tried, but does not work for you?
->
->I do not understand the meaning of "elfiz2.kee.hu" and "phd.hu". How do
->those names relate to the problem that you are seeing.
->
There are two different things.
1. We have virtual hosts. The 'elfiz2.kee.hu' and 'www.phd.hu' are the
same machines. Virtualized by the apache configuration.

2. When I made lists by myself, the mailman created the wrong username.
E.g. I entered 'jzana at hoya.kee.hu' as mailman admin, I found on the list
my E-Mail-address in this form: 'jzana-owner at hoya.kee.hu'!!!

This error occured only when I used OTHER hostnames in the
E-Mail-addresses than our OWN hostname.              Janos Zana

- - -   Good rest to all that keeps the Jungle Law!  (Kipling)  - - -