[Mailman-Users] How do I supress/modify announcements of subscription to the list

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Sat Apr 10 09:38:26 CEST 1999

Nicholson James D wrote:

> I want to run an unmoderated/static list.  However, I want to send out the
> first message to everyone and I don't want it to be the standard form
> letter.  How do I suppress the announcement?  I don't really want people
> messing with their accounts.  This is a very small list.

That's the subscribeack.txt file located in $prefix/templates. It isn't
modifiable on a per-list basis. When you subscribe people to you list
(say, using the bulk-add in the admin screen), you can choose to not
send it to them.

There is also a flag on a per-list basis on whether to send that
message.

So... either edit the template (for all lists) or turn it off.
Unfortunately, there isn't a middle ground of per-list announcements.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/