[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Virtual Hosts -- can mailman handle them better?

Tomas Fasth tomas at euronetics.se
Thu Aug 19 16:29:47 CEST 1999

At my site, an installation-global (site-specific) user database will not
prove useful in most cases. Customers are typically administer their own
lists of recipients using a tool of their own choice, exporting email
addresses to mailman when needed. This is an interesting area in it self,
and an extension to the notion of user (or subscriber) databases. For
example providing "hooks" in Mailman for externally managed information
about subscribers.

Anyway, Mailman is already showing an impressive range of usefulness, and
better native support for virtual hosting would surely make it excel even
more.

All in all, great stuff! Cheers, Tomas