[Mailman-Users] make test error on fcntl

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Aug 25 04:53:05 CEST 1999

    RT> Later ran into a problem with fcntl.

    RT> So, I ran make test and get this:

    RT> test test_fcntl crashed -- exceptions.IOError : [Errno 22]
    RT> Invalid argument

    RT> Advice?  This is Mac OS X Server.

I know you realized this was a Python build problem, but just FWIW,
Mailman doesn't need the fcntl module.  The one import of it in
Mailman/Utils.py in version 1.0 is unnecessary and I've removed it for
the next release (not that this will make any difference for running
Mailman on the Mac -- I don't think anybody's tried this yet).

-Barry