[Mailman-Users] Support for virtual domains

Hrvoje Niksic hniksic at iskon.hr
Wed Dec 1 10:34:49 CET 1999

Does mailman support virtual domains?

The feature I have in mind is that mailman is being run on a mail
server that handles mail for several domains.  The domains can have
their own mailing lists, which should look as if they are run from
these domains.

Of course, the lists will function either way, but what we need is
that the communication between the server and the user (response from
`help' command, etc.) look like it's coming from our client's domain.

Is there a way to cleanly set up such a situation?

In Majordomo, we hacked it up by using different majordomo
configurations (the "whoami" setting) for different domains, but
that's sort of kludge.  Does Mailman support a nice solution for this?