[Mailman-Users] Feature request

Michael Sweeney sweeney at projectcool.com
Thu Dec 16 22:40:39 CET 1999

At 01:22 PM 12/16/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a feature request:
>When I  unsubscribe a  user, I'd  like to  have a  optional message  sent to
>him/her (you  have been unsubscribed), and  even better the option  to add a
>custom message as  in "You have been unsubscribed because  you have a stupid
>autoresponsder who is sending me Emails for each message from the list"

Marc, I can't help asking this: In the particular case you cite above, how
do you propose to get the autoresponder to not respond to the unsubscribe
notice? ;-)

For my part, I've found that it takes much less energy and distraction to
just unsubscribe people who do things like this and let them figure it out
on their own. When they do it enough times that I recognize their email
address, I put their address in the block list. It might be more satisfying
to take a poke at some people who exhibit more than the normal idiocy, but
in the long run, I haven't found it to be worthwhile. (Besides, I'm hoping
that if I show a little charity, others will cut me some slack when *I* do
dumb things. :) )

I would just as soon see a feature that would automatically unsubscribe (or
at least disable) any address that sent mail from an autoresponder.

Michael