[Mailman-Users] Preventing binaries

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Tue Dec 21 05:35:42 CET 1999

> Quoting Dan Mick (Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM):
> > My solution, suggested here, is working fairly well: make them
> > beg for approval by setting a bunch of the right headers to be
> > "suspicious":  add
>
> My solution is to run posts through procmail before mailman sees them.
> I've posted detailed instructions on this before, but I got the original idea
> from this mailing list before that.

Yup, and if it didn't involve procmail, I'd probably do it too.
I despise having two tools for the same job, especially when one
of them is a chainsaw with no blade guard or handle.  ;)

Someone else posted Perl and Python scripts for prefiltering.
Same objection, from my end.

I'd like to see Mailman have an option to "immediately trash"
messages of various criteria:  From someone at badhost.com, with
header "text/html", etc.