[Mailman-Users] Preventing binaries

Dan Mick dan.mick at West.Sun.COM
Tue Dec 21 18:52:32 CET 1999

Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Dan Mick wrote:
>
> > My solution, suggested here, is working fairly well: make them
> > beg for approval by setting a bunch of the right headers to be
> > "suspicious":  add
>
> On a list with a bunch of users with vcards and stuff, this would simply
> tax the mail list admins.

I haven't found it so.  Usually people are interested in getting their
deathless prose out on the net immediately, so the delay in processing,
with an explanation as to why the rejection happens, causes them to
modify
their behavior.  Or go away, which is okay with me too.

I'd suggest trying it before you discard it out of hand.  I have a
200-person
list with some remarkably stupid users, and it's working OK for me.