[Mailman-Users] internal server error not covered in readme

deadgrrrl deadgrrrl at enchanted.bloodties.com
Thu Jan 7 23:56:43 CET 1999

first off...
I'm running RedHat 5.2  linux 2.0.36.
Sendmail version 8.8.7
Apache 1.3.3
python 1.5.1
sed 3.02
perl 5.005_02

--

here is the problem I get.

when going to http://servername.com/lists/admin/testing

I get the following error...

Internal Server Error
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at servername.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
Premature end of script headers: /home/mailman/cgi-bin/admin

also..
when running perl ./admin from the /home/mailman/cgi-bin directory.. I get the following...

4:44pm root at servername [/home/mailman/cgi-bin]# perl ./admin
Unrecognized character \177 at ./admin line 1.

now.. I've run into similar problems before.. but they were usually caused by script
being written in notepad by my users and then expected to work properly under unix.
it's usually fixed by converting the script text format from dos to unix.
however, since this looks like compiled perl, I can't very well do that :)

thanks in advance for your time.