[Mailman-Users] Errors running news gateway

scott cotton scott at chronis.pobox.com
Fri Jan 8 06:19:49 CET 1999

The locking mechanism in mailman has timeouts associated
with it that are easily changed in the calling program.

Those timeouts default to a value that is good for most
operations, but not for potenitally long-running operations
such as running the mail queue or gating news.

So those errors do not indicate a failure to perform, but a
(slight) risk of ccorrupting data.  I would suggest that the
files OutgoingQueue.py and GateNews.py be reviewed for their
calls to lockfile(filename) and changing the calls to say
lockfile(filename, 2400) (the 2400 is in secs I think) or
something that gives ample time for the previous program to
complete.

scott