[Mailman-Users] ImportError in mailman-1.0b6

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Sat Jan 9 07:12:40 CET 1999

>>>>> "delbia" ==   <delbia at tin.it> writes:

    delbia> I've jost tried to install mailman 1.0b6 into a
    delbia> S.u.S.E. 5.2 Linux system, installation procedure being
    delbia> ok, but if I try to run any program (example "newlist") it
    delbia> returns a diagnostic, "ImportError: no module named
    delbia> getpass".  I use Python 1.5

Darn.  getpass.py wasn't added to Python until 1.5.1.  In the short
term, see if you can upgrade your Python installation.  If not, I'll
make sure getpass.py is distributed with the next version of Mailman
for Python 1.5 users.

Thanks for the bug report.
-Barry