[Mailman-Users] Bug in b7?

Ken Manheimer klm at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Jan 13 17:14:17 CET 1999

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Jason Wellman wrote:
> > >    JW> 2) When I hit the listinfo page <whatever>/mailman/listinfo
> > >    JW> the publicly displayable lists (marked as so in the privacy
> > >    JW> options) do not show up.
> > >
> > >I've never seen that happen.  So none of your lists are showing up on
> > >the general page?  Are you seeing any errors in the logs/error file?
> > >If not, we'll have to get our hands dirty!
> >
> > No related errors in the log files.  Just two from back when I ran b6.  This
> > isn't as big a deal, but I would like it to work. :)
>
> Could this be due to the "per-virtual host" list option? I don't recall
> exactly how/where you set that, but I've got it set on my mailman
> installation. Lists will only appear if the hostname in the URL matches
> the hostname listed in the configuration for the "URL root" or whatever it
> is called.

Correct - jason, you might try adding the line:

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = 0

to the end of Mailman/mm_cfg.py.

By inhibiting VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW you set the overview pages to show
all the advertised hosts, not just the hosts which have a "preferred"
host name that's the same as the one by which people are getting to the
overview page.  If it works, then you may want to check the setting for
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME, also in mm_cfg.py (or Defaults.py in the same dir, if
it was never overridden).  You can also specify the preferred host name
on a per-list basis - it's one of the the options at the bottom of the
admin 'general options' page.

Ken Manheimer		  klm at python.org	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA! #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #