[Mailman-Users] BUG: virtual hosting (was Re: [Mailman-Users] Bug in b7?)

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Wed Jan 13 18:18:48 CET 1999

Ken Manheimer wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Greg Stein wrote:
> > Could this be due to the "per-virtual host" list option? I don't recall
> > exactly how/where you set that, but I've got it set on my mailman
> > installation. Lists will only appear if the hostname in the URL matches
> > the hostname listed in the configuration for the "URL root" or whatever it
> > is called.
>
> Correct - jason, you might try adding the line:
>
> VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = 0
>
> to the end of Mailman/mm_cfg.py.
>
> By inhibiting VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW you set the overview pages to show
> all the advertised hosts, not just the hosts which have a "preferred"
> host name that's the same as the one by which people are getting to the
> overview page.  If it works, then you may want to check the setting for
> DEFAULT_HOST_NAME, also in mm_cfg.py (or Defaults.py in the same dir, if
> it was never overridden).  You can also specify the preferred host name
> on a per-list basis - it's one of the the options at the bottom of the
> admin 'general options' page.

Speaking of virtual hosts...

BUG REPORT:

When the automated, monthly reminder goes out, the text uses a host name
that might not apply to all the mailing lists in the combined
reminder(!).

I got a number of emails on January 1 when people received their mailing
list reminder for harleydavidson.com (I run a mailing list for that
domain). People couldn't quite see how the Python2C Announcement list
should be hosted on harleydavidson.com :-)

The combined report is cool and all :-), but I would recommend that it
only combines reports for lists on the same virtual host!

thx
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/