[Mailman-Users] HTML messages

Tomas Fasth tomas at euronetics.se
Sun Jan 24 22:52:04 CET 1999

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> While I find this very annoying too, under the Theory of Least Munging
> I'm leary of hacking Mailman to do this kind of filtering.  I think
> it's better to educate users -- in my experience most will reset the
> defaults when the problem is explained in a friendly and helpful
> manner.

While I'm usually a follower of the above mentioned theory, I cannot
avoid pointing out that HTML enhanced messaging is a minimum requirement
in many places these days. If not for another reason than being more
"pretty".
Besides, HTML documents is only one among many types of attachments you
might want to share with others in a mailing list, probably a
non-technical one, but still...

"Oh no, not yet another 12 megs of word document!" ;-)

	Tomas