[Mailman-Users] confirmation e-mail problem

markus at infoscape.com markus at infoscape.com
Fri Jul 9 20:39:06 CEST 1999

Patrick Wagner writes:
 > I have mailman setup properly. But when I go to sign someone up the user
 > gets a confirmation e-mail that goes to newsletter-request at rapidtraffic.com
 > (newsletter is the name of the list.)
 >
 > The message bounces back because that address doesn't exist.
 >
 > Do I create it manually or should the program?
 >
 > I need to resolve and get this working today. Thanks for your help.

When you created the list, it told you which aliases you needed to
add. Follow these instructions. For most MTAs you can also set up a
generic aliasing mechanism, so that you don't have to worry about this
anymore. I can send you sample code on how to do this for Exim.

Markus

Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus at infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-544-4762
100 Broadway, 2nd floor
San Francisco, CA 94111

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; it does
            not constitute an official statement by Infoscape!