[Mailman-Users] Can I change a user's password for him?

Dan Busarow dan at dpcsys.com
Fri Jun 4 00:12:01 CEST 1999

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, John C. Broman, Jr. wrote:
> At 08:44 AM 6/3/99 -0700, Dan Busarow wrote:
> >Try using the list admin's password as the OLD password
> >I haven't looked at the code but this works for unsubscribes.
>
> I'm using 1.0b9 (my ISP won't easily upgrade) and some members "lack a
> password" due to an earlier Mailman bug.  Can I use my admin password to go
> in there and assign a password for them so they can access their settings?

Easiest way to check is to just try it :)

But if I remember correctly the unsub code checks for the admin password
before doing any other password checks so I think it should work.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan at dpcsys.com