[Mailman-Users] unknown mailer error

Andrew andrew at newdream.net
Fri Mar 12 08:10:37 CET 1999

Sorry if this is something obvious, I couldn't find anything about it in
the mailing list archives (a search function for those would be SO handy
by the way, i bet chucking this error message in would come up with
something for sure).

Everything seems to be going okay so far with my install but i'm getting
this when I mail to the listname-request address:

-----------
To: andrew at newdream.net
Subject: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 2

The original message was received at Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:02:51 -0800
from andrew at localhost

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd testlist"
    (expanded from: <testlist-request at newdream.net>)

554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd testlist"... unknown mailer
error 2

i cut out the bits that looked superfluous. anyhow i am pretty sure i set
the mail-gid and ownerships fine for everything, but obviously i screwed
something up. thoughts?

thanks!

andrew