[Mailman-Users] /mailman/listinfo/

Andy Carpenter Andy.Carpenter at cs.man.ac.uk
Wed May 19 10:06:42 CEST 1999

> Everything's working beautifully in my MailMan setup...  cept for one last
> little thing.  It's barely worth mentioning, but it's nagging me, so I
thought
> I'd ask.
>
> When I point my browser to my website with just a /mailman/listinfo/, it
should
> bring up a list of the public lists, however it states that there are no
public
> lists.  I went to each of my lists and verified that it was indeed marked
> public and the ownership and perms of the files seem to be right what they
> should be.

Andy,

   On the privacy options page the "Advertise this list..." option, at
the top, needs to be set to yes.  If this is set then the virtual hosting
support, that is on by default, means that the "Base URL..." option,
at the bottom of the general options page, must match the host
to which you have connected for the list to be mentioned.  One way
to check that this is the reason for you list not being mentioned is to
go to the /mailman/admin page.  This lists all of the known list regardless
of which virtual host they are on.

    Andy.

p.s. The help information for the "Base URL..." option indicates that
an exact match between the given URL and the URL connected
to may not be necessary.  I've always operated with an exact
match.