[Mailman-Users] Rejecting fails

Jeffrey Haas jeff at life.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 13 00:10:35 CEST 1999

Problem solved, but the answer seems a little peculiar.

If dont_respond_to_post_requests (which somewhat confusingly is
reworded for the web page as "Send mail to poster when their posting is
held for approval?") is set to No and the list is moderated, then when
routine messages come in and are held for approval (because the list is
moderated), the sender is not notified, but also rejecting messages does
not send a rejection message to the sender.

If set to Yes and the list is moderated, then routine messages do not
receive held-for-approval messages, but rejection notifications are
sent.

It would nice if the Details page for this setting would mention that it
affects rejection notifications, or better yet, if the setting didn't
affect rejection notifications.