[Mailman-Users] problem with arch converting majordomo archives to mailman

Todd Pfaff pfaff at edge.cis.mcmaster.ca
Sun Sep 5 20:26:57 CEST 1999

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> >>>>> "RJ" == Ron Jarrell <jarrell at vt.edu> writes:
>     RJ> FYI, I ran into the same problem this weekend.. 14M archive
>     RJ> with about 9000 messages in it, and it always blows up in the
>     RJ> same month; even if I peel out just that month.  Haven't had
>     RJ> the energy to search down to which message(s) might be causing
>     RJ> it.
> Sorry it's taken me so long to follow up to this.  Are you guys still
> having problems converting your archives?  Have you tried the latest
> CVS snapshot?  If so and you still have problems, we'll have to
> arrange for you to upload your raw archive file so I can debug it.

I posted a follow-up sometime after my original message regarding this.
What I had done was to wipe out all my existing mailman archives and when
I did the conversion again it worked fine.  Try to find that message in
the archives because I had some thoughts in there about why I may have
been seeing the problem in the first place.  I did notice that arch had a
problem if there were two identical messages in source mbox file.

Anyway, I haven't used arch again since I successfully converted all my
majordomo archives.  Thanks for asking though.

Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster.ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
ABB 132                              \  FAX: (905) 528-3773
McMaster University                   \
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  L8S 4M1     \

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list