[Mailman-Users] upgraded from 1.1 to 2.0b4, mail disappears

Brett Dikeman brett at iclick.com
Fri Aug 25 10:37:47 CEST 2000

I upgraded a Solaris mailserver to python 1.5.3, which worked fine,
and then upgraded to mailman 2.0b5.

   I did so by doing a ./configure and then a make install, as per the
docs, which said to just overwrite the existing directory if going
from 1.1. to the current version.

Only problem is, mail sent to the list goes -nowhere-.  I know it's
being accepted by the list server's sendmail process, but what
happens after that...i have no idea.  It isn't showing up in the
archives, and it isn't being delivered. Watching the system with top,
I see nothing that indicates any delivery is going on.

What do I need to check?  This is for a mailing list with 1,500
people who get really grumpy when they don't get their mail...

Brett