[Mailman-Users] how to set clobber_date = 1 by default?

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Tue Aug 29 02:57:49 CEST 2000

While I find it very regretable that  clobber_date isn't set to 1 by default
(i.e. mailman trusts whatever  date is thrown at it by  the MUA, which often
causes completely ludicrous pages in web archives (Oct 2004 or 1990)), it's
only a misguided default and I should be able to change it, right? :-)

Well, actually I  didn't find anything in Defaults.py that  would let me set
clobber_date to 1 by default.

Did I miss anything or is that option absent?

Can we please  have mm 2.0 not trust  the MUA for date at  archiving time by
default when lists are created?

Finger marc_f at merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information