[Mailman-Users] Is this a bug, or just because I called it from an unpriveledged account?

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Fri Dec 22 03:02:26 CET 2000

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./newlist", line 223, in ?
>     main()
>   File "./newlist", line 219, in main
>     mlist.Unlock()
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1348, in Unlock
>     self.__lock.unlock(unconditionally=1)
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 306, in unlock
>     os.unlink(self.__tmpfname)
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/home/mailman/locks/<site>.lock.apollo.host-ops.com.6611'
>
> no files (at all) exist in /home/mailman/locks/ - but what bothered me was
> the "<site>" stuck in there.
>
> Anyone care to venture a suggestion?

looks correct.  The problem is not the name; <site> appears to be
intentional.  Looks like the newlist process doesn't have permission
to unlink from /home/mailman/locks.