[Mailman-Users] Number of outgoing connections to open at once?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Wed Feb 23 03:37:38 CET 2000

Quoting Jerry Thomas (jerry at scoregroup.com):
> Number of outgoing connections to open at once?
>
> Can anybody explain how this works? I have a very large distribution list I
> am running and sendmail it balks after 17,000.

If you use an MTA like postfix, qmail or exim, you probably want to set that
to 1.  If you use sendmail, you want to make it a big enough number that you
get some parallelism, but small enough that it still puts all the connections
to the same destination in the same group.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.

'Usenet "belongs" to those who administer the hosts of which it is comprised'
 - RFC 1036, draft revision