[Mailman-Users] Removing Message Archives

Todd Pfaff pfaff at edge.cis.mcmaster.ca
Thu Jan 6 04:06:20 CET 2000

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Christopher Conner wrote:

> Somehow I got a message dated Dec 30, 2000, now I have an archive for
> December 2000.  Can anyone tell me how to stop it from recreating the
> archive for December 2000?  I've removed the December 2000 archive file
> and edited the html and it keeps recreating it.  Also I set mailman so
> that when it creates the archive it uses the date "When resent" and not
> "When sent."  Is there any reason why I should end up with an archive
> for December 2000?

edit the file ~mailman/archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox
and fix the header of the offending message.

Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster.ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
ABB 132                              \  FAX: (905) 528-3773
McMaster University                   \
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  L8S 4M1     \