[Mailman-Users] Mailman Archives and Mime ...

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Jul 22 22:00:27 CEST 2000

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000 12:47:31 -0700
rama  <rama at kanneganti.com> wrote:

> I also notice that pipermail is no longer maintained by its
> author.  If there is no hope of updating pipermail with MIME
> capabilities, I will try to use MHonArc :-(.

I wouldn't say there's no hope, its simply that nobody has stepped
forward to adopt Pipermail and make the necessary changes.
Volunteers are of course welcome.

> Does anybody know the current thinking on this subject?

I use MHonArc under PHP:

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/

Asides from being able to fully controll the format of the archives
this also gives me other pleasant features like being able to reply
to list postings from the web with full quoting, attributions,
maintenance of References: and in-reply-to: headers for proper
threading, etc.  Sample message:

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2000Q3/msg00323.php

Sources (raw, unpackaged, unexplained) can be found under:

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Kanga.Nu/WebArchives/

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu