[Mailman-Users] question on Attachment/MIME support

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Jun 6 20:07:13 CEST 2000

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 11:56:23 -0500
Nick  <marouf at earlham.edu> wrote:

> I downloaded MHonArc, but I was wondering how do I go about
> changing the archiver from pipermail to MHonArc.

There are two ways to do it:

  1) use the external archiver supports in Mailman and plug MHonArc
in there.

  2) Subscribe an archiver address to your list and then hang
MHonArc off that address (usually via a .forward or procmail).

There has been traffic on this list describing how to get #1
working.  I haven't done that as I specifically want the following
behaviour:

  -- the archived messages to be identical with what Mailman
broadcasts to the subscriber base
  -- a pristine archive of the exact messages (bit identical) sent
to the subscriber base

and using #1 doesn't support either of those requirements.
Mailman's internal archives (mbox etc) are not identical with what
is broadcast, and having that data sent to MHonArc would result in
archives that are different as well.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu