[Mailman-Users] Looking for config info

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Wed Jun 21 00:16:37 CEST 2000

JRS wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find the following config options:
>
> msg_footer (nondigest): Footer added to mail sent to regular list members
> Text appended to the bottom of every immediately-delivery message.
>
> ****
> This text can include %(field)s format strings which are resolved against the
> list's attribute dictionary (__dict__).
> ****
>
> I see how to configure the footers, but I cannot find any listing of what
> fields I can put in the footers other than the "useful" examples which seem
> limited to what is already in use in the footer.  In particular, i am looking
> for the whole of the list's attribute dictionary "(__dict__)" from above.

You can do a quick look with 'withlist':

cd ~mailman
python -i bin/withlist <listname>
dir(m)

It's not pretty, but it does show you what attributes are available.
For the value of any particular attribute, use

m.<attrname>

Note: when you do this, you're writing Python code.  Don't assign
things to m or m.<attribute> unless you know what you're doing...but
the above (dir(m) and m.<attr>) are completely safe.